Tuesday Tasks #4

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

This morning when I woke up to frost on my windshield I knew it was time to tackle that shed again so that I could attack the garage and make room to park in there once again. So after a trip to the Doctor for yearly blood work and a stop off to vote it was time to dig in.

You probably remember this "before" picture of the shed.

After some more rearranging I finally have the shed clean and functional. However...when I took the table saw from the garage to the shed I managed to land it on my toe...OUCH! Broke? Probably, but what can they do for a toe, I'll just have to deal with it.
Take a peak at who my helper was today.
This is Aiden, the oldest of Christi's day care kids. Tuesday is his day to spend the whole day here and I am sure that Christi was glad to have the break from this busy young man. He actually was a good help to me. Here we are sweeping the garage out together. Everyone can use a good helper.
Now that the shed AND the garage are clean (I even got the snowblower out and ready to go for the upcoming winter.)
it is time to get on the roof and repair where the shingles have come off in last weeks storm. I used up every last one of my left over shingles from when the house was originally built. Won't be too many more years when we will have to reshingle the entire roof.

Christi was just thankful that I didn't fall off this ladder.

Here is the van loaded up with trash ready to dump


Last week Christi and I both had the flu so it felt especially good to feel good and be able to tackle some of these "honey-do" items. Here is my final reward after a busy day... Icing my broken toe. How long do you think I can get sympathy off this one? Not! Remember at the beginning of our remodel job I landed an 8 foot board on the top of Christi's foot? I will get just about as much sympathy as I gave her - oops - should have thought of that then. HeHe


Dale


A Note From Christi... Baby You Rock!! thanks so much for all your hard work. I hope your big toe feels better real soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Welcome to our blog. We have been married for 33 years. Dale works as the facilities manager at Grace Community Church (the same church that we have both attended since we were babies). Christi does day care at home along with her Stampin'Up! business and cake decorating business. We have 3 children. Our daughter Julie is married to Jeremy and has two kids, Tyler and Gracie. She works part time as an Office Manager and full time as a mom to our two grandkids. Jeremy is a chef at Uccello's Italian Restaurant. Our son Jeff works as a Certified Termite Route Technician for ORKIN and was recently married to Jessica. We are thrilled to have this new daughter added to our family. Our son Joey works in the warehouse at Gentex.

Our Family Blogs

Our Family Blogs
Click picture above to visit Christi's blog dedicated to her cards and cakes

Click picture above to visit our daughter Julie's blog

Jeff's Books

Jeff's Books
Click Picture To Preview & Order

Click Picture To Preview & Order