Wedding Week Day 5

Friday, October 8, 2010

A BIG day today!!!

Jeff, Jess and I spent the morning decorating the auditorium for the ceremony, and finalizing the decorating in the Ministry Center for the reception. What an exciting time to be able to share with these two. The afternoon was spent in 'normal' cleaning of the church that will all have to be redone after the wedding tomorrow. We also set up for the rehearsal dinner which we held in the lobby under the sky lights.


The gal who catered the dinner did a fabulous job. We had Stuffed Shells, Chicken Alfredo, Baby Carrots, Garlic Bread Sticks, Caesar Salad and then Cheesecakes for dessert. YUMMY! But I am getting ahead of myself.... Christi had a big day too, I'll let her tell you...

Dale

My week has been FABULOUS! I was able to sleep until 7:30 and head into my days rested which I REALLY needed as today was DECORATING DAY!!
Every good cake decorator needs the tools of the trade...


So I'm armed and ready to go at 8:00 am. I started with the cake for Jeff and Jess so Dale had to snag a photo before he headed off for his day at church.
By 1:00 I went from this... to this...

Knowing that I had to be to the nail salon at 2:00 and still had to grab a shower, I was hoping the kitchen fairy would come and "poof" clean up the horrible mess I leave in the wake of cake decorating. She didn't show up last night, but guess what? She showed up today !!! Thanks 'Fairy' Melissa - you came right when I needed you. By the time I was done getting my mani-pedi - "poof" my kitchen was CLEAN! including the floors - Gotta love the kitchen fairy!!

There were 8 of us that met at the salon - including Jeff - to get our nails done. My sister Judy, Daughter, Julie and Jess' Mom
Jess' little sister, Bonnie Jess, having her hands waxed

The rehearsal went very smooth and it was so fun to see Jeff so totally happy. Here Jeff stands beside Jess' pastor Kelly, soon to be Jeff's pastor as well. I am sure they will both be used according to their gifts and talents as they serve together.




Our grand daughter, Gracie, and Jess' cousin, Abbie had to be coached just a bit to know it was okay to drop the leaves down the aisle. I can't wait to see them all decked out in their Cinderella Lattice Dresses tomorrow.

Jess' matron of honor made her this fun 'faux' bridal veil that she wore through the whole rehearsal. One unique thing is that they will sign their marriage certificate as part of the ceremony. Julie and Jeremy did that too, 11 years ago, but it is not something we see at many weddings.

One more thing to share before we get a good nights rest is the gift that Jeff and Jess gave us at the dinner. Jess is an accomplished calligrapher and they framed my favorite Bible verse that Jess wrote out. Also, what is special, is that the card they gave us was made using a photo of a sunflower that Jeff took.
Looking forward to the BIG DAY tomorrow!!

Christi

1 comments:

Anonymous October 10, 2010 at 8:26 AM  

..... and they live happily ever after. Congratulations to you Uncle Dale & Auntie Christi, my "sister" Julie & Jeremy &kids, Joey. Love Melissa & Doug, Jade, Zander

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Welcome to our blog. We have been married for 33 years. Dale works as the facilities manager at Grace Community Church (the same church that we have both attended since we were babies). Christi does day care at home along with her Stampin'Up! business and cake decorating business. We have 3 children. Our daughter Julie is married to Jeremy and has two kids, Tyler and Gracie. She works part time as an Office Manager and full time as a mom to our two grandkids. Jeremy is a chef at Uccello's Italian Restaurant. Our son Jeff works as a Certified Termite Route Technician for ORKIN and was recently married to Jessica. We are thrilled to have this new daughter added to our family. Our son Joey works in the warehouse at Gentex.

Our Family Blogs

Our Family Blogs
Click picture above to visit Christi's blog dedicated to her cards and cakes

Click picture above to visit our daughter Julie's blog

Jeff's Books

Jeff's Books
Click Picture To Preview & Order

Click Picture To Preview & Order